Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ogre Army Color Scheme/first model

So here is the first painted Ogre I have down. I'm going to go with White Dwarf's John Blanche color scheme, mainly black, reds and metals. I used a base of Chaos Black, then Applied Tallarn Flesh, followed by a wash of Ogryn Flesh, than Dwarf Flesh, a highlight of Elven Flesh, Leviathan Purple wash around th eyes, mouth, and parts of the arms, then another wash of Ogryn Flesh to tie it together. I used store brand metal paint for the silver of the Ironfist and the metal bindings of the club, and earrings. The Gutplate and metal shoes are Dwarf Bronze, with Hawk Turquoise highlights. The stone of the clubs was a mix of 3:1 store brand white and store brand black, the cloth of the handle was DecoArt Buttermilk, the handle was painted several layers of Scab Red, as where the pants. All the black was Chaos Black/store brand Black. The teeth where just white, and the tongue a 2:1 mix of red and white, so a reddish pink color.

5 comments:

  1. Nice, quite a bit of flesh colors there, hehe, oh well, what can ya do, am I right? Nice job mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I just couldn't subject my Ogres to that horrid green-grey paint scheme that GW though up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it. You've come a long way from those first Orks and Spess Marins. I love the detailing in it's face. And the back of its club-thing(excuse my ignorance) is awesome looking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its pretty much a club thing. In the army book its listed as an "ogre club", as apposed to a normal club, which is obviously different. From what date do ya'll get off from school at Pennsbury for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have a half day the 24th. Off until the next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete