Monday, May 23, 2011

Infinity: Haqqislam

So Dzer0 over at Emerald Coast Wargamers/Elves and Angels got me into Infinity the Game, and I recently picked up the Haqqislam faction's starter box. The sculpts are great and the the casting is some of the best I have ever seen, though it doesn't make up for all the models being made of metal.


All the rules being available for free online, as well as there being an Army Builder style browser based army builder is sweet. Anyway, I painted one guy as a test model. I'm moving away from my more cartoony painting style (bright colors, brighter highights) to a more realistic palette of muted reds, browns and greens. 

Check it, yo:






Things I've learned:
Thin paints!
Get smaller brushes
Metal is really annoying to paint
Painting sand is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment